Strate Welding Supply Co., Inc. was founded in 1949 by brothers Russell and Gordon Strate. Both men served their country during World War II and decided to open their own business together after returning home. Our original location was in an old gasoline station on Delaware Avenue in Buffalo, NY. As the company continued to grow, it was officially incorporated in 1951.
Strate Welding Supply Co., Inc. continued to expand through the 1960s and 70s, acquiring a second location in Buffalo and opening branches in Olean, NY and Lockport, NY. They also acquired facilities in Jacksonville, FL; Gainesville, FL; and St. Augustine, FL. The 1980s saw five more locations added in Georgia, as well as the acquisition of an Acetylene Plant and the distribution network of Liquid Carbonic in Western New York.